Driving down the road this week, I spotted a billboard that stated, “Brazilian Butt Lift – Starting at $7,000.” That sign really got me thinking about the value, or lack thereof, which our society is placing on what should be most important to us – our health. As a physical therapist, I provide quality care to rid patients of their pain, improve their overall quality of life, and help them to maintain functionality as they age – yet patients still choose to forego that treatment with the excuse that it is unaffordable. Which leads me to this question – Are we getting it all wrong?
Superficial Beauty vs Health Improvement
Why is it that people will pay thousands of dollars without question on an elective procedure that carries multiple risks, but when asked to pay a $30 co-pay, somehow that is unaffordable? I fully support anyone who wants to better themselves to support a happier lifestyle, but do you know what really provides you with your happiest lifestyle? Your health – good health that is. Make sure you are investing in the kind of care that not only will improve your overall health, but will lead you to that happier lifestyle you have envisioned – investing in your health should be top priority.
Invest in Your Health
At Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy, when you invest in our care, we consider that our investment as well.
- Physical therapy treatment is an investment in the future of your health – the time and money that you put in now will continue to be beneficial to you years down the road.
- Back pain making it harder for you to get out of bed every morning? We are invested in getting you up and going – making you the early-riser that you once were.
- Is your job literally a pain in the neck? If you are experiencing ailments that are keeping you down at work, we are invested in getting you back on track and performing your duties comfortably.
- Being inactive for long periods of time can make it harder for some to jump back in to a more active lifestyle. We can help you find the flexibility and strength that you need to get back into your favorite exercise routine or sports activity. Your happiness is our investment.
Making room in your budget for treatment for these types of ailments can be the difference in what the future of your health looks like. That Brazilian Butt Lift won’t do much good if you can’t make it to the beach to show it off.
Aging vs Neglect
People often mistake certain muscle and joint pains as a natural part of the aging process, when in reality it is mostly a decay of your musculoskeletal system due to lack of attention to certain muscle groups.
If you are experiencing things such as –
- Fatigue during normal day to day chores or hobbies
- Trouble sleeping at night
- Lack of flexibility to perform routine tasks
- Muscle or joint pain due to certain movements
This shouldn’t be considered your ‘new normal’ simply because you are getting older. These are ailments that can be treated by your physical therapist, and with your investment, we have the power to improve the quality of your daily life.
When it comes to physical therapy, you are actually getting much more than what you pay for – you are getting a lifetime investment in your health. Treating pains and ailments that are keeping you down, improving the quality of your overall health, and INCREASING your functionality as you age – these are the things that are worth paying for.
With four locations from Crestview to Destin, Florida, the Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy Center is the place to go for sports injuries and for expedient therapeutic recovery. Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy Center has expertise in assessing, diagnosing, and treating the real issues that cause medical problems. Let Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy Center, LLC help you find a reliable, nonsurgical solution to your carpal tunnel syndrome and other ailments.